1. Visit your local Securus Safe Deposit Branch. Speak to a member of staff about opening a safe deposit box. Camera surveyed parking is available at the rear of the branch to make your visit more efficient. Please call ahead to book an appointment and reserve a box or if you have any questions or queries on 02089082200. You can also use our contact form provided on this page to reserve a box.
2. Get the right box. Before you chose your safe deposit box, gather the valuables you plan to store in it. Ask yourself whether you are likely to put more in the box as time goes by. Estimate the space you will need, and opt for extra space if possible. The actual safe deposit box will be available to view in reception when you visit the branch to help you decide. Take into account Securus Safe Deposit Boxes are long boxes measuring 54cm/21inches in depth with various heights and widths to suit your needs, so you may able to fit in more in a smaller box than first anticipated.
3. Apply for a box. You will be asked to fill out an application. Please also bring one form of photographic identification and one proof of address from the list provided below.
Each person named on the account (up to 4 people per account) will need to provide one proof of identity and one proof of address from the list below :
For proof of Identity one of the following must be provided:
• Current Signed Passport
• Current UK Photo Card Driving Licence (UK Photo Card Driving License may be used as proof of your address provided this is not also being used as proof of your identity)
• EEA National ID Card
• EEA National Driving Licence
• Non EEA Nationals must provide a passport with a valid visa
For proof of address
• Bank or Credit Card or Mortgage Statement (Dated within the last 3 months) (online printed statements are acceptable)
• Utility Bill – gas, electric, water, telephone, contractual mobile (Dated within the last three months)
• Council Tax Bill (Dated within the last six months)
• Current UK Photo Card Driving Licence (UK Photo Card Driving License may be used as proof of identity provided this is not also being used as proof of your address)
4. Get immediate access to your deposit box. Your fingerprint and a photo will be taken on registration. Upon receiving full payment, 2 keys will be provided per Safe Deposit Box, these are the only copies for your box and we do not keep any customer copies. Keep your keys somewhere safe. You will require only 1 key to access your box.
5. Know what you have in your box. We strongly recommend you keep a detailed inventory, valuation of your items and pictures of your items for insurance purposes. To find out more information see our Frequently Asked Questions or call us on 02089082200.